Monday, January 8, 2007

New blogs, radio stations and stolen urinals

Oddly enough, when I tried to set up this blog, it said that someone had already created an account in my e-mail. Now, I'm sure that I would have remembered that, ah well, it doesn't matter.

So, welcome to my blog, whosoever shall read this (which I'm guessing will be no-one, but as I'll probably forget about this shortly then it won't matter), and enter into the magical world of the Gimboid.

I haven't really decided what I'm going to do here, so I'll probably just put down random facts, news articles, things that are happening in my life, poetry, and possibly some media clips if I decide to do that sometime.

And so, without further ado, here is the news.

A radio station called Radio La Colifata FM 100.1 has been transmitting for 15 years in Buenos Aires, Argentina, while sporting a regular show that is transmitted live from a Mental Hospital. “This radio station has opened up a space for people to recover their dignity, to have their own say and to speak over the radio and find a new place in their community,” said Radio La Colifata’s founder, psychologist Alfredo Olivera.

A man walked into a bar, ordered half a pint, and stole a urinal! But seriously, in the Royal Oak pub in Southampton, England, a man did just that!. Police are still trying to track the thief, who was caught on camera leaving with a bulging rucksack. The landlord, Alan Dreja stated that the thief "..made a very, very expert job of dismantling it from the wall and turning the water off. A very professional job"


Well I'll see you in the next post,
The Gimboid

~-:-~Strawberry Fields Forever~-:-~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.